Sunday, April 13, 2014

How to get rid of chance.exe?

I think I have some spyware on my computer called chancechance, or chance.exe. My husband went to the Apple web site the other day to sinc his old iPhone with his new one, and ever since then, I have gotten a ton of crap on my computer. I think I have gotten rid of it all except this chance thing. I'll give you an example of when I see it. I go to the Environment Canada Weather page to look at the forecast. Every time it says something like " 30% chance of rain " it instead writes " chance " twice. And it shows up in blue. So it will read " 30% chancechance of rain " and it's in blue so I can click on it, and this window pops up and asks me to do a survey to win $1000. I have used Spyware Doctor, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Hijack This, Spy Bot, Iobit Anti Spyware, and Super Anti Spyware. I thought Spyware Doctor found it and I deleted something called " chancechance " from the registry, presuming that was it, but it's still there! I'm not sure what else to try? I searched the registry for it and nothing came up. I also searched my whole computer for it, but still nothing. Please help! Thank you:)

Read more: How to get rid of chance.exe?