Monday, June 16, 2014

Will apple service my iphone if I changed the screen at a mall kiosk?

I had dropped my iphone 5 and it was still functioning, however the screen was broken. Apple had offered to replace the phone with a new one for a $150 fee. I decided I would save some money and just change the screen at a mall kiosk. Recently I dropped it in the toilet and it started acting up a bit. I put it in some rice for a few hours, and made sure everything was dry, then it started working again. Occasionally it wouldn't recognize the sim card and I would have to eject and put it back. This morning the screen decided to stop working all together. If I take it to apple, would even look at it, or would I be shot down for even messing with the screen?

Read more: Will apple service my iphone if I changed the screen at a mall kiosk?