Sunday, October 5, 2014

How to stop letting the news depress me?

I'm 18 and I try so hard to stay in the loop about current events and what's going on around the world, but it seems every time I do all I see is doom and gloom never any good news unless its about the new iPhone that just came out, other than that all I see is Russia and Ukraine, Isis, Ebola, cops shooting innocent people, etc etc and reading these stories just give me really bad anxiety and depression and it just makes me lose hope for the world, and for my future. But then again a part of me doesnt want to just live life not knowing anything about the world around me, but the other half thinks I need to just stop caring for the sake of my mental and emotional health. What do I do?

Read more: How to stop letting the news depress me?