Friday, October 10, 2014

Should CPS be involved in this scenario?

Should CPS be called in this scenario?
I am a single Mother and I live with my 5 year old Son in a 4 bedroom house in an upscale neighborhood with my Mother, Brother, a wife and their daughter. I guess it's safe to say that they do not care for me. I do not compare myself to them and I feel I have been nice to them. I know I have been. Over the last month I gladly arranged and gave them 3 separate overnight stays in a luxury suite and I watched their daughter while they enjoyed themselves. In exchange I was able to use their car on 3 separate occasions and put about 300 miles on their Range Rover. Since my brother said it only takes premium, I filled the gas tank each time of course.Today we have a little issue because I too sometimes like to go out alone. And the only time I can really do that is after my Son is asleep because nobody will babysit him overnight. So my brother screamed at me that if I go out at night he will call CPS and have them take my Son from me. I see it differently. I feel I deserve some freedom sometimes too, and if I wanted to make the decision to go out after I put my Son to bed I think it does not make me a bad mother. There are 2 to 3 adults in the house and he would know to wake them up if something is wrong and mommy is not in her bed. My motion webcam would alert my iphone if there was any movement around his bed. Please tell me -am I crazy to think this is okay?

Read more: Should CPS be involved in this scenario?