Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wireless hard drive assistance?


I want to set up a wireless hard drive so that I'm able to access its contents from my phone, I've searched and searched but can't find my exact needs.
What I need help with is setting it up, I have a 2TB hard drive and an internet router with wireless capabilities and a USB port, what I don't have is an Internet connection, if one is needed to update the router software, or for initial set up that's ok, but it will be primarily run well and truly off line.
I need to be able to access it from my IPhone (Jailbroken) and preferably also my Xbox one and laptop.
My idea for how it would work is this:

hard drive---router---wireless extender---device/s
|
Xbox one/laptop
Please let me know if there is anything wrong with this, and if so how I can fix it:)
Any help is very much appreciated.

Read more: Wireless hard drive assistance?