Tuesday, May 30, 2017

How can people tell your location from your iphone? - 1

Hi everyone,
I'm from the US and will be travelling to the UK in 2 weeks for work. My mom has an anxiety disorder, so her therapist recommended that I not tell her to prevent potential panic attacks. We communicate via text, phone calls and whatsapp. A couple questions for you folks:

1. If she were to call me, or I were to call her using my regular AT&T iphone while I were in the UK would there be any indication that I was out of the US?

2. Would there be any indication on whatsapp that I'm out of the country?

3. Is there anything on my iphone features that may give it away?

Thanks everyone for your time. This is a sensitive situation, but in the end, for her mental health (she has severe panic attacks when things are outside of routine) this is the only way to go.

Thanks a million.

Read more: How can people tell your location from your iphone? - 1