Thursday, June 1, 2017

Am I spoiled and wealthy or are the kids around me poor?

I'm 15 and I have 2 iPhones that are like new (iPhone 6s), and 2 older ones (iPhone 3 and iPhone 4) with service on them. Someone destroyed my iPhone 5c. I had a cheap tablet but it broke easily. I also have many Dooney and Bourke bags (at least 5), one Balenciaga, one Coach and a Yves Saint Laurent bag for school. I also have many gold jewelry pieces. I mostly only shop at Saks Fifth Avenue, Forever 21, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, J. Crew and Banana Republic. My house is about 3,000-4,000 square feet and we own 50 acres of land. I have the biggest house in my subdivision. My parents drive a Nissan SUV and Lexus(I hate low end cars but I can't complain since I didn't buy them with my own money). Both of them are mostly well off. The social classes around my school since it's public is mostly lower class to middle class. I get asked the same questions each year like,"Are you rich? You have an iPhone." And I was in awe when the girl told me iPhones were expensive and I thought they were really cheap since I get a new one each year. Most of the kids live in apartments, trailers and really small houses. I call those places a slum. The kids who live in slums are always so rude, loud and wear ostentatious clothes. My allowance is 90 dollars every week from my family when I babysit and do extra chores. I'm the youngest child. I usually get what I want if I kick up a fuss over it. The dresses and shoes I mostly wear are Michael Kors and Coach. My workout clothes are Calvin Klein and Nike.

Read more: Am I spoiled and wealthy or are the kids around me poor?