Thursday, August 23, 2018

What laptop s specs between these two would you choose for a Computer Engineering Student?

Next month I ll start my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I need a new laptop. I would love to have buy a Macbook Pro (since I'm used to Apple s ecosystem, I use iPhone and iPad) but at this moment I can't afford a good spec macbook.

So, I've seen two laptops that catched my atention. They are Lenovo Ideapads 720s but with different specs.

First Option: Ideapad 720s-14IKB
14
Intel Core I7-8550U 1.8 GHz
16Gb Ram
256SSD
NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB.

OR

Second Option: Ideapad 720s-15ikb
15.6
Intel Core I7-7700HQ 2.8GHz
16GB Ram
512GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI

I know that the second option as a better graphics card and more SSD space. But the first option has an 8th generation processor rather than a 7th generation. Does this make a big difference?

Read more: What laptop s specs between these two would you choose for a Computer Engineering Student?