Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Can I get scammed through PayPal on Craiglist?

I am selling my PS Vita + 7 games for $300.
A person sent me an E-mail wanting to buy it, I had no problem until he told me that he will be paying with PayPal.

Here is the E-mail I recieved…
"What is the working condition like? what is your rock bottom price?
you can text me on 404 692***

Sent from my iPhone 4"

My reply…
"It runs great, barely used the wi-fi feature to surf the web on it since I have a laptop and all.
I reset the whole device, so whoever gets it can put their name to it and so on.
Well, it depends on your best offer really. I don't see me selling it lower than $200 though.
Let me know if you are interested"

The E-mail that I got that weirded me out…
"I am very grateful to hear back from you. I need it as a surprise gift for a ministry friend's child that I had the privilege of meeting last time I ministered in Africa. The price is fine with me since it works great. I will pay you using PayPal because it pays and secures both parties in the transaction. Kindly provide me with your Pay Pal email account. I will be adding a shipping fee.

Reply ASAP,

Remain Blessed.

Pastor Michelle Adams
Visit our website www.mtcalvaryvaldosta.org"

I honestly don't know how PayPal works, nor do I have an account…
I know that PayPal has like nothing to do with Craigslist.
Any words of advice will do!
Thank you!
>>> Can I get scammed through PayPal on Craiglist?