Friday, August 17, 2012

Lumia 900 or Windows 8 Phone?

I need a new phone, and have decided that Windows Phone is the best smartphone that suits my needs. However, I've picked the worst sort of time to buy: on the verge of the new Windows 8 Phone release.So I'm left with the dilemma of choosing to either by a current gen Windows 7.5 Phone (namely, the Nokia Lumia 900) or waiting for a Windows 8 Phone in the near future.

With the Lumia 900, I'd get a good deal (phone is free on a 3 year contract), and the reviews I've read almost universally praise the 900. However, my biggest issue with it is that it will not run Windows 8 Phone OS, meaning I'll be effectively buying an obsolete phone.

By waiting for the Windows 8 Phone, I'd be up to date with the latest software and hardware (in theory). But that means that I'll have to wait for it, which could be anywhere from a few more weeks to several months. Also, on release, I'm definitely not going to get quite as nice a deal as with the Lumia 900, and I'd be buying the new phone along with a ton of other people at once.

So in the short the question is this: Is it worth waiting for a new Windows 8 Phone? Or is the Lumia 900 the better option?

Please don't tell me to get an iPhone or Android, not interested in those any more.
>>> Lumia 900 or Windows 8 Phone?