Sunday, September 2, 2012

Any suggestions for a new cell phone (preferably with the following features)?

I'm getting a new cell phone soon, since my current phone's 2-year contract is almost up, and I've been trying to find out which phone would be the best to get…

At the moment, I have a Blackberry Torch 9800. There are certain features about it that I really like, but I'm trying to consider other phones too.So, the things I would be looking for in a phone would be…

1.) A touch screen AND keyboard.
I LOVE that my Blackberry has both a touch screen and a keyboard, because I use the keyboard for texting and the touch screen for pretty much everything else. I've tried texting on a phone with just a touchscreen, and I'm not very good at it…

2.) Preferably a phone that can slide open.
I like that the keyboard on my phone slides out, rather than shrinking the screen to fit the keyboard on the front. I like that my phone has a rather large screen.

3.) A better app store.
I have some useful apps on my Blackberry, but mainly, all of the good apps seem to be on the Apple app store. I'm not sure about the Android or anything else, since the only app stores I've used are Apple and Blackberry. Not that there aren't any good apps or anything, but compared to the Apple store, the Blackberry doesn't have all that many good apps…

4.) A good camera.
I take a LOT of pictures and videos. The camera on my Blackberry is okay, I guess, but it has this issue where it refuses to work on the default camera setting now -- I need to switch it to face-detection, landscape, or something else to get it to actually take a picture.

5.) Internet.
Basically, I want a smartphone. But, I guess that was kind of obvious from the beginning…

I've heard that I can get an iPhone with a keyboard attached onto it, which would be pretty much what I'm looking for, but I'm trying to consider getting a phone other than an iPhone. Not that I'm completely closed to the idea of an iPhone, it's just that they seem to be more expensive than other smartphones, and there's a lot of stuff that I would never even use in the first place.

So, any suggestions?
>>> Any suggestions for a new cell phone (preferably with the following features)?