Thursday, November 29, 2012

Can a person restore an iPhone even if it's been deactivated?

My phone has been stolen recently, and we called our phone company to deactivate it. I didn't have the Find My iPhone app installed or iCloud. I was logged into Twitter, Facebook, email as well. But I changed the passwords right away. I know I know. I'm stupid. I already feel freaked out enough.
What EXACTLY happens when you deactivate it? I heard it's still on when you deactivate it and you are still able to use it, just not calling/texting. Can they still go on the internet if it's connected to a wifi, or use the phone at all, in any way? Can they restore it and use it as a phone? What are they allowed to do on the phone? Please please help me.
>>> Can a person restore an iPhone even if it's been deactivated?