Thursday, December 20, 2012

Any help on fixing this laptop problem?

Ok, so I plug in my iPhone 4S into my Acer laptop (both around a year old and working fine) and the little jingle for insertion into USB port sounds, but that's all that happens. The phone doesn't start charging, nor does the computer recognise that anything's been plugged in (I've checked the 'Computer' folder, nothing's there). Fairly sure it's not the phone - I plugged it into my mum's computer and it worked just fine - iTunes recognised it was there and opened immediately, and that's what my own laptop did until about a week ago. I've also tried plugging in my USB hard drive (it transfers files just fine) and my old 2006 4GB iPod nano (it charges and transfers music fine too).It just seems to be the iPhone 4S that my laptop doesn't like. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?
Thank you :)
Added (1). You guys didn't read the question properly: MY LAPTOP RECOGNISED MY IPHONE A WEEK AGO PERFECTLY FINE BUT DOES NOT NOW!
When I open up the properties it says this:
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"
Added (2). My laptop recognised everything I plugged into it a week ago, now it recognises everything else EXCEPT my iPhone!
>>> Any help on fixing this laptop problem?