Thursday, February 21, 2013

Can I download a streaming podcast?

I'm wondering if I could download a podcast that is streaming only on a dedicated site. I listen to WTF with Marc Maron and I bought his premium subscription in order to listen to older episodes. Unfortunately I do not own an iPhone or Android device. I use Blackberry (save your breath, I know I should upgrade) and with the new episodes that I get from iTunes it works great. But the older ones only have the option to stream.So basically without having Apple or Android (there's an app for it) your stuck listening to them on your computer. I listen when I work out so I need a way to download them.

I know I could use audio recorders like Audacity to record the podcast as it plays, but it's a 1-2 hour episode every time. And there are like 300 shows to download. I'd really like to have them without waiting that long every time.

So, my question is: is there any site that I can just put in the web address and get it converted (like youtube-mp3.org)? I tried the Firefox Cache method (finding the file in cache and renaming.mp3) and it didn't work at all. I found the file but after renaming it it will not play. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

-Luke
>>> Can I download a streaming podcast?