Friday, February 22, 2013

How to return an iphone 4s to its true owner, when you only have the IMEI id?

Hi so for my Christmas/birthday present my mom bought an iphone 4s off of one of her "friends" for $150, the friend was supposedly upgrading to an iphone 5.So after I myself sank 70 dollars into it buying another sim tray, case, screen protectors, and contracting with At&t I find out it is stolen and I can't use it. I want to return it to the owner, who most likely has received another phone, and maybe buy it legally off them for the 150 (which I haven't gotten back yet); but I only have the IMEI code, I don't want to give it in to apple who would just keep it themselves, or to the police just yet as I do want to try to get the phone off the owner, 200+ has been spent on it already. Any help, or ideas thanks.
>>> How to return an iphone 4s to its true owner, when you only have the IMEI id?