Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What should I do about my daughter?

My daughter is 14. She told me a few weeks ago that there was this girl texting her hurtful things, so I told her to block her. The police showed up at my door a few days later before she got home and printed off a list of terroristic threats she sent to people one included taking a shotgun to the principles head and beating up a girl and planting a bomb in her house. She sent it to 9 people from her school by getting the numbers off facebook. She did it on her ipad off of text plus. They took it to the district attorney and she is getting charged with harassment, so therefore has to do community service and pay a $479 fine. She has an iPhone, iPod touch and ipad. They traced it back through IP address. She also got two weeks of out of school suspension. She had to get evaluated at a crisis center, and currently goes to therapy. The therapist said she is angry and lonely. SHe went back to school and threatened some girl saying she was going to kill her, she almost got expelled. Her birthday was the 7th and we did nothing. We were going to go to Puerto Rico but I canceled the trip. She is an only child. The school is making it mandatory for all students to bring a mobile device, her ipad isn't aloud because she got caught taking pictures of people and photoshopping them. She has to bring one on Monday, if not we pay $120 a month to the school so she can use theirs.My daughter also found her ipad and took it out of its case, left the case in a drawer and is using it. How long should she be banned from the Internet? Was it right for me to take everything away? What should I do?
>>> What should I do about my daughter?