Saturday, February 9, 2013

Do I have a right to be upset?

Okay so, my mom is thinking about switching me over to T-Mobile, and my upgrade is on Valentines Day.
Well here's the problem, I've wanted the iPhone ever since 6th grade ( I'm in 9th grade now ) and I've told her numerous times that I've wanted it.In 6th grade, She told me "If you keep your grades up ( which I do ) I'll get you the iPhone."
In 7th grade she told me the same thing and it never happened. And I wasn't mad or upset. This is what happened, I got a different phone and during summer 2011, I was ready for an upgrade and we made it to the Verizon store and my mom sees the price of it and says I'm not paying that much money for a phone. And so we got an LG Vortex (which sucks after 3 months of having it).So now 8th grade and she says okay I promise that if you'll keep your grades up you will get it. Once again I don't get it. And still I'm not upset but I don't complain because I don't want to sound ungrateful. Now I'm in 9th grade and and its 5 days before my upgrade and she once again said okay no jokes we'll get it for you. And today she says that I'm thinking switching you to T-Mobile and I feel like I'm just doing this hard work for nothing and I'm not just doing this for a phone I'm doing this for my own future but to keep promising me something and not doing it upsets me and I don't ask for much at all. (at least I do my best not to because I know money is not the greatest thing in our family) and so my moms boyfriend (who I absolutely hate but respect him because he makes my mom happy which is all I care about) is telling me that I sound so ungrateful because I said well T-Mobile doesn't sell iPhones and what have I done that would make me deserve the iPhone and why makes the iPhone so great? I told him I've always wanted the iPhone for the past few years. He says well you're gonna have to work hard for it and I'm just like -_-.So do I have a right to be upset that my mother keeps promising me something but I doesn't get it for me?
>>> Do I have a right to be upset?