Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stolen iphone.can i be prosecuted?

When i got home i noticed a piece of paper by my door.i picked it up and there was and iPhone in there.on the not it say "___ this is ___. reset this iPhone.i'll be back at 2." the phone tracker start going off, and then the phone rang.i answered because it was the persons mom.i let them know that i had the stolen phone and they could pick it up.they said ok.next, the phone rang again.i answered and i asked was it the owner of the phone, they said yes.i gave them the address and they said they were on their way.next, the police arrive 2mins.later.i knew what they were there for.i gave them the note along with the phone.it turns out the "owner" of the phone was one of the police offices.i gave them my info and an everything but my question is can i be prosecuted for it? theres no evidence I stole the phone but there isn't any evidence that i didn't either.but my finger prints were on the phone along with the note. I'm scared :( i know who the person is who took it an I'm furious they set me up like that but can someone tell me whats going to happen
>>> Stolen iphone.can i be prosecuted?