Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Do I need an N600 wireless router?

I am new to Wi-Fi. I have a small apartment and basically everything I need to connect is in my living room anyway. This includes Charter cable, Charter phone, an iMac, a Wii and a PS3.It will also cover my iPhone and my friends' devices when they are over. Also I intend to subscribe to Netflix channeled through either the PS3 or the Blu-Ray player. Right now I don't really plan on doing a lot of online gaming, though that may change once I try it.

So yesterday I went to Best Buy and the salesperson told me I absolutely positively had to have an N600 router to support all these devices, even though I explained I won't be using them all at once. The router is about twice the price of what I intend to spend (I was thinking about $45, this one was $80.) Do I need that much power? Do I even need the N300? Someone who's used Wi-Fi in his house for years told me I could probably get by with an old 11G.

См. статью: Do I need an N600 wireless router?