Thursday, May 22, 2014

IPhone 5 power button acting funny?

My iPhone 5 (AT&T) power button has been acting really strange lately. Randomly, while the power button is NOT being pressed, it will show the power off slider that shows when you hold down the power button for a short while. I won't even be pressing the button and this will happen. It also has occurred while I am using the phone causing a lot of screenshots and shut offs. This is quite annoying while I am trying to text. At times the power button WILL work but mostly it is unresponsive; to the point that I have to use AssistiveTouch instead of hoping the phone will recongnize my power button. I have tried restoring my phone thinking that it was an issue that was caused by my phone being previously jailbroken, but restoring to factory settings did not fix my problem. I hardly drop my phone and it has never had water damage either. My phone is OUT of warrenty so taking it to Apple would not be a very economical solution for me. If anyone else is experiencing these issues please respond and if you have found a way to fix it let me know.

Thanks!
Andrew

Read more: IPhone 5 power button acting funny?