Thursday, May 22, 2014

Is it okay for a man to follow a single woman around while she jogs?

I was working out around a church and park. Many people go there for workouts. Usually work out with my husband but he has gotten lazy, so like a big girl I went for a run by myself. The park was fairly empty but there were a few cars parked outside Because there was a karate class going on. Suddenly a man in a pick up truck pulls up and I'm generally aware of my surroundings so I don't get into trouble, this man was sitting in his truck watching me. I know this because from my side view and anytime I managed to run in a blind spot if watched him. He gets out his car to watch me too. I get anxious and stop jogging so I can be more alert if anyfhig. Than he gets into his car and starts to follow me around the park! I thought I was going crazy but he was really following me. I got a bit scared and try to continue my workout far away from the area he is in. Than he stops and I run in a new area of the park only to have the man follow me in his car, get out and pretend to walk around when he was hiding behind a tree watching me. It freaked me out and I ran back home.

I don't want to seem like a child but this behaviour scared me. I wasn't doing anything wrong, just going exercising! I took a picture on my iPhone of his car and plate just in case it happens again.

Is this behavior very odd and was I right to get out? My instincts told me to run and go back home.

Read more: Is it okay for a man to follow a single woman around while she jogs?