Sunday, May 18, 2014

Water damaged iPhone 5C Help?!

Hi!

Two nights ago (around 46 hours ago) I dropped my phone into a water filled sink for only a few seconds. I quickly grabbed it out and wiped off all the external water. The touch stopped working for a second and the image was wavy. I turned it off and blew out any water I could from the charger ports etc.

I left it out for a night but when I returned to it, it was not turning on. I then decided to put it in rice and it has been in there for around 26 hours and is still in the rice.

Right after I switched it off and was getting the water out with my breath, I looked online, where people had mentioned the water damage indicator in the headphone jack. I looked in with a torch and it was not white, but the same dark colour as usual. (I thought maybe this would be useful)

Anyway I was wondering if the rice doesn't work if I could go to Apple and get a refurbished one, or get it fixed. I don't know how the warranty works.

Helpful info:

- I got it last Christmas, around 5 months ago
- The indicator does not appear to be white
- Last time checked (around 26 hours ago) there was droplets in the camera lens

Thanks heaps.

Read more: Water damaged iPhone 5C Help?!