Sunday, July 27, 2014

APS-C vs Full Frame Indoors?

I really want to take pictures inside of my home of my girlfriend and I during Christmas. I have been looking into getting a DSLR but am torn between APS-C and full frame. I am new to owning a DSLR but not new to using one. I know that full frame gives you the full frame duh but APS-C seems way too zoomed in. Would I be able to comfortably take pictures indoors with an APS-C? Would a 2.8mm lens on APS-C be just as zoomed as a 50mm on full frame? I also saw a comparison chart and it included a bunch of other sensor sizes like the iPhone 5's which is tiny tiny tiny, but I can still take pictures wherever without it feeling too zoomed in. The APS-C size is bigger so would that mean it'll be better than the iPhone one? (As far as how much fits in frame not so much quality)

I'd also like to say I plan on doing a lot of close-up pictures or portraits with very shallow depth of field and bokeh. So the APS-C seems ideal, but I don't want to be so limited if the lenses don't help so much if I want to take landscape pictures or anything else

Read more: APS-C vs Full Frame Indoors?