Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Can i sue for false accusations at work?

I was accused of stealing a phone at work. And well basically they have no proof i did it and therefore they fired me and paid me up front my check in cash. The downside is i trusted my manager and mentiond i had marijuana on me and i was acting nervous cause i was told cops were going to come and search. So that same day the phone was stolen i had weed in my pocket. I told my manager i was nervous cause of the marijuana not cause of the phone. I can careless because i didnt do it i have no reason to, the managers know im a hard working person i had 2 jobs now just one. Iv turnd in many iphones and wallets i dont know why they would accuse me of doing it if there was 2 of us bussing tables that night. Point is the only ones that could have taken the phone were me and my partner that night. They have no camras or witnesses and they chose to fire me and well they said "we will talk to the other busser tomarow and maybe fire him". Point is i want to know if i can sue them. I can careless about havein my job back i just dont want to mess up my reputation of being known for stealing when its not true.

Read more: Can i sue for false accusations at work?