Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What s the most expensive thing you ve ever owned?

This is not to one-up anyone on peoples wealth or lack of wealth.

I was just thinking about things recently such as how ludicrous it was that people spend so much on useless or simple objects when the same amount could actually go towards something with much use or purpose? Like how a spare $300 could buy you a low end laptop instead of armani sunglasses. Or how $8,000 on a fancy guitar could have been spent on a couple of awesome $900 guitars, sitars, microphones, beer… Hookers? Squeeze in a drum set?

If I had $5,000 I d put towards a car and not spend it on a designer watch.

I m 20 and the most expensive thing I ve ever owned is a $750 laptop. Which I feel is a lot, but is small potatoes compared to the car owners, rickenbacker owners and macbook owners my age. It s weird to think that there are some (rather wealthy) 6 year olds which already hold ownership of more valuable items than i ever have. But for many people older than i d say their car is the most expensive thing they ve ever owned because many people just rent and never become business or homeowners. Some of you own businesses, houses and cars i m sure. I guess my college degree will be most expensive thing I ve ever owned if and when i get it. Also some people spend like $700+ on the latest iphone. Even though its supposed to be a phone. And mobile phones often break, get lost at a festival, get stolen (anywhere), get dropped down the toilet or are upgraded after becoming "obsolete" two years later.

Read more: What s the most expensive thing you ve ever owned?