Monday, November 16, 2015

I am 15 years old and still treated like a baby?!


I am 15 years old, a sophomore in high school and I live with my grandparents who are pretty young grandparents (mid 50s). I am only allowed to have sleepovers one night of the weekend and some times not even that. I am not allowed to go to parties, my curfew is 10 o'clock and I'm not allowed to drive in the car with teenagers. And whenever I am in public with my grandparents, they still hold my hand. I have tried to talk to them multiple times about all of the rules but it seriously doesn't work so I need another option. I am not allowed to date boys. I have an iPhone but i can't bring it to school and it gets taken at 8:30 on the week days and 11 on the weekends and even if I sneak it back, it is shut off by these times. My netflix account is set for "older kids and below" I am not allowed to watch the shows that all of my friends are watching. My grandparents control what apps I get on my phone and the only social media I am allowed to have is instagram. I know I should be appreciative that they care but I'm so sick of being treated like a baby, what should i do?

Read more: I am 15 years old and still treated like a baby?!