Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Dealing with iPhone addicted partner?


the love of my life and I have been together for almost half a year now, we regularly go on date nights and have nice dinners together… Although there is something in between us that gets to me sometimes. His iPhone!
When we first got together it was so nice and we had so much quality time, and at all times when we were together he wasn't on his phone much. Fair enough that we chat to friends and check in every now and again, I do as well, but never when it interferes with US time.
So now it has gotten to me how much he is on his phone. Every time we go on a date night I try as hard as I can at the dinner table to keep his eyes on mine with engaging conversation, but eventually he always picks up the phone and he can be on it for up to 10 minutes at a time! I NEVER get my phone out at 1 on 1 dinners, so when I'm sitting there I just do nothing and wait while he goes and chats to Facebook friends usually. Other times he does this is like when I wake up in the morning and he's just on his phone beside me, I say "good morning", I get a quick reply but then he just keeps going. He also seems to take up to 35 minutes on the toilet whenever his phone goes along with him. While I wait for him to come back to our converstation I know he is just on Facebook as I can see he is active from my phone. Lastly, when I'm not here and he goes out for dinner with a close friend he is NEVER on his phone or active on Facebook?! What should I do to tell him that I feel a bit disrespected?

Read more: Dealing with iPhone addicted partner?