Sunday, September 9, 2012

Do i give up, or keep trying?

I am a 16 year old girl. About a month and a half ago, i met this kid at a party, and kind of thought we hit it off. The day after, we texted a good portion of the day and decided to hangout again. The next party that we hungout at, we were with eachother pretty much the whole night, until i went to go to talk to one of my friends. She was with this kid who randomly kissed me. I knew the kid, but not that well. I went and told the kid who I had been hanging out with what had happened. He said it was okay and it didn't mean anything. The next time we hungout was at a bonfire and i gave this one kid we met there my number so he could tell me about a party he was having. That same night the kid that i have been hanging out with told me he had a bad past relationship where he had gotten cheated on. He said he liked me. He never really does text me often, supposedly because he just doesn't "like texting". However i hadn't heard back from him for a week after that. I texted him quite a few times and he just never answered. I texted him one night pouring my heart out cause i was upset and he still didn't answer me. The next day, he texted me and said "do you want to party?" So I called him because i was really confused about everything, but i still went and hung out with him trying to fix whatever was going on. Whenever i went to hangout with him he was asleep so i attempted to wake him up, but he wouldn't wake up.So i ended up talking to one of the other kids at this party with two of my friends. This kid was kind of flirty, but i didn't really flirt back. The kid gave me his number, but i didn't really plan on texting him a lot. The next day, the kid i was supposed to hangout with called me flipping out saying how could i give two kids my number and kiss another kid… I didn't know if we were "talking" at the time, so i didn't think it was that big of a deal. I admit what i did was dumb, but i didn't really think me and this kid were going anywhere, so why waste my time? He called a few days later and this call actually went well for once. Then once it got to the weekend, he asked me to come to a party. I went there and in the beginning it was going good. Then all of a sudden he got a little drunk. We were playing beer pong and he came in and picked up my phone. He knew my password, so i went over and tried to get it. He started flipping out and said why do you need it you must be hiding something. He accused me of texting other guys and then he threw my phone, leaving it shattered because its an iPhone.My friend went over to talk to him and he said he had no idea why he did that. He came to me and apologized. I didn't know whether to forgive him or not, but he was drunk, so that did have something to do with it. One of his friends gave him a pep talk and then after that he got a little bit better. We cuddled the rest of the night. I left in the morning and didn't wake him up. I went home, slept, woke up, and had a text saying hey from him. I replied about an hour later, but he didn't respond yet. He thinks we are on good terms, but i am hurt and confused, and have no idea what to do. I don't want to get into a relationship with him if he is going to be very controlling. He can be really nice and sweet, but we aren't even dating now and there are already problems.
>>> Do i give up, or keep trying?