Wednesday, September 12, 2012

O2 broke my phone! What can I do?

Ive been a loyal pay monthly o2 customer for 8 years now and recently upgraded to the HTC one X in April. Love the handset, especially after breaking away from the iphone 4.
However Sat 2nd Sep, I plugged my 5 month old phone to charge and it was dead as a dodo, tried all manners of charging it and it was having none of it. I use my phone for work and rushed off to the o2 shop on Monday (26miles there and back). They said they would look at it as its still under warranty. I needed a phone urgently and was told I could pay £25 to use an alternative handset while my phone was in for repair.
Happily I handed over the money as I hadn't been able to talk, text or access work email's from Saturday. What did I get? A samsung E212. I didn't realise until I got home that it had no wifi, no email access, not even 3g or anything to access my google mail account. I don't even think the phone is worth £25.
The amount of work I lost last week was horrendous and I was never as happy as to receive a text from o2 on Monday evening that my phone was repaired! It was too late in the the evening to do the 56 miles to collect it, so off I went Tues to get my phone back.
Signed everything and as luck would have it decided to put my sim back into my phone in front of the girl working in the shop.
Took off all the lovely wrapping and discovered the screen on my HTC one x smashed to pieces. I was totally devastated, and explained to the girl that that was not my phone as it was in perfect cosmetic order when I left it in. She tried to argue with me that o2 would not have sent it back like that, and it must have been like that when I left it in
Thankfully, the guy that had originally sent the phone in for repair for me, overheard the conversation. He had remembered me, and had actually put in his notes that the phone I sent in was in excellent condition.
After waiting another 45 mins in the shop, I was then told I had to wait another 3 working days for them to get me a replacement phone. And off out the door I was sent with my Samsung E212 again totally miffed and shocked about what had just happened.
I'm a bit peeved that Ive to wait another 3 days on to use the handset I'm paying monthly for, never mind the money and business Ive lost in the last week and half, due to no fault of my own. Has anyone any advice, or any reason as to why Ive to wait 3 days? I was told Id be getting a brand new phone, but Ive a sneaking suspicion Ill be given a reconditioned handset?
Any advice would be great thank you!
>>> O2 broke my phone! What can I do?