Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Should I just leave it?

Long story, short-ish, me and my friend (personal friend and work mate) both have the same job as a janitor in a superstore however my friend is a fairly new employee. He had worked a nine hour shift on Saturday following my early morning shift and every thing was fine, no problem. However, the next day he was confronted by the cleaning manager who had recieved a complaint or concern that one of the cleaning staff took a picture of a member of staff from behind on their phone on the earlier mentioned Saturday.My friend told me that he bumped into our boss and was asked if he took a photo of a member of staff, and replied, with a confused expression, no I didn't. (THIS IS WHERE MY QUESTION COMES IN) the following morning during my shift, my boss came over and quietly asked me the same question. I said I hadn't taken any photos to which he replied 'i knew it wouldn't be you, you're not like that', he then said 'i know who is it was, it was Luke (my friend). I asked how so and my boss replied 'when I asked him, he was looking side to side' as if to say he was nervous in his reply (assuming he did do it). This really agitated me that the boss just assumes it was Luke without further investigation, not to mention the fact he doesn't realise how perverted and frankly retarded you'd have to be to even take a picture of a female member of staff from behind. I spoke to Luke about what he said and really annoyed him that the manager would assume that. He went on to explain that he had gotten his phone out during his shift to check the time and the slide to unlock noise on his iPhone may have been mistaken as a camera snap. He also asked to himself 'why would I even do that when I have a girlfriend and a child on the way?'.

My question is, is this worth getting involved in? I feel I should say something to the manager. I've known Luke for years and I know for sure he doesn't go round taking photos of people's behinds. Should I say something to defend myself and him from the managers simple minded assumptions?

PS, SORRY FOR THE LONG QUESTION.
>>> Should I just leave it?