Thursday, September 13, 2012

IPhone crash log in Root files?

Here's a quick tl;dr before I start so you guys know if you can help without having to waste time reading all this haha, Jailbroken IPhone 3GS on 5.0, install bugged addon from Cydia, IPhone stuck in Apple logo loop on boot up. I have access to the IPhone and all it's root files through IExplorer, so I was wondering if it's possible to find a crash log so I can locate the bugged app and remove it, thus allowing the IPhone to boot properly. Here's some more details:

Basically I followed an online tutorial of how to install SIRI onto the IPhone 3gs (It's possible, my friend has it on his through the same tutorial) for some reason after installing it, the Iphone resprung and crashed, I turned off the IPhone by holding down the home and lock button, and that's where I get stuck in the Apple Logo loop where everytime you turn the IPhone on it just sticks on the logo. I plugged the IPhone into my laptop and loaded up IExplorer, using that I can access all the root files and such, I have tried to find the install location of SIRI but had no luck, I was wondering if there was a Crash log or a general log to show the last item modified or added so I could get the location.

Many Thanks in Advance and thanks for taking the time to read,

Adam Martin
Added (1). Hey there, I instantly backed up all the photos and such and I am really thankful I gained access to them again, it took me about an hour and a half of searching through forums and such trying to figure out ways to do so. But now I've got the most important things saved, I figured it's worth a shot at fixing it, as surely it can be only a few files in one folder causing the problem, also I haven't been able to save my SMS's and contacts which I'd really like back, and it also means that I don't have to restore the IPhone and lose all my apps. Many thanks for taking the time to read my question, again :)
>>> IPhone crash log in Root files?