Saturday, December 29, 2012

Any way to start making an iphone app without paying the $99?

I have this idea for an app and I want to start learning how to make apps, but I don't want to pay the $99 yet because it's a yearly fee and I have no idea how long it will take me to design the app and I have no idea if I will give up once I've started. I'm not done highschool, but I'm determined. I'm majoring in computer science so this app will sort of be a study tool and also a hobby.

I see that Xcode 4 is free in the mac appstore, but there's also a Download Xcode 4 Developer Preview. What is this the second one? Is it just a more updated version for actual developers? Can I make a full app with the free version and just pay the $99 fee when I want to actually submit my app to the appstore?

Thanks
>>> Any way to start making an iphone app without paying the $99?