Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nexus 4 or iPhone 5 as next smartphone purchase?

I'm in a pickle and looking for advice.

I currently have the iPhone 3GS and have been looking to upgrade. I initially wanted to go to android for a richer experience with their OS and iOS had begun to bore me. I had my sights set on the Google Nexus 4 as I wanted the "pure" android experience without bloatware of custom UI's from Samsung or HTC, and its unlocked-contract free for only 299(8 GB)-349(16 GB) dollars.

My problem is this, the Nexus 4 doesn't support LTE - and I live in the U. S. where LTE support in my area is definitely covered. The nexus 4 would give me HSPA+ on atat, but no the LTE speeds. Additionally, atat has told me that if I upgrade with another 2 year contract with an LTE phone, I can keep my unlimited data plan even though I'll be using LTE data as well. Also, Walmart currently has a deal on 16 GB iPhone 5's for only 127.00 with the upgrade for another 2 year plan with LTE.

Its a really good deal, so should I forgo my lust for android experience on a really great phone that unfortunatly lacks LTE.

Or go with the iPhone and accept the boring (but efficient) iOS experience but save some money and have access to unlimited data plan on LTE networks.

Thank you for your input and answers - I'm very interested to hear peoples opinions.
>>> Nexus 4 or iPhone 5 as next smartphone purchase?