Saturday, January 12, 2013

Did Whats App discontinue its compatibility with the 2G Iphone?

I currently have an old jail broken Iphone (2G iOS 3.1.3) and have been using Whats App (presumably version 2.8.6) regularly for the last few months.It wasn't until december 26th that the app disabled itself from use.It can't open up the contacts to read nor send messages, but oddly I still receive them.

Every time I open the app, it asks me to insert my phone number as well as a 3 digit code that I get Via SMS to disable it. However, once I click the button to get the SMS, I get a notice saying that my App is "too old" and instead recommends that I download the latest upgrade at no cost, but when I tried downloading it through the app store it says it's now compatible with 4.3 or higher.

I find it unfair, yet I understand that it's all about marketing and improving service and technology, but still, is there a way around this issue or am I being forced to buy a new smartphone in order to use the App again?
>>> Did Whats App discontinue its compatibility with the 2G Iphone?