Saturday, January 12, 2013

Why won't my iphone personal hotspot connect to my laptop?

I don't have wifi in my house (don't even ask) and i connect to the internet with my and my parents' phones. I've recently upgraded from the iphone 4s to the 5, and while the personal hotspot from the old one worked fine on my laptop before the new one just doesnt connect to my phone.
My dad's also got the iphone 5 and it connects fine to his, but when mine shows up on the network list and i click on it says 'checking network requirements' and then 'can't connect with this network'. on my dad's as soon as i click on it it prompts to enter the network key with no problems. The diagnostics page is no help, can somebody help!
and by the way i'm on a samsung windows 8 laptop.
thanksssssss
>>> Why won't my iphone personal hotspot connect to my laptop?