Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Iphone 4s dropped in water, now all works except screen?

This Monday my iphone 4s fell into the toilet at work, it was only there for like two seconds I reacted very quickly and took it out. I pressed the home button and the screen was fine, but it flashed a few times and then turned black. I freaked out, dried it, blew into the holes of the phone, my coworker took my sim card out (we couldn't get the phone completely disassembled.So I get home (it's pretty dry by the way), and I leave it in a bag of rice for 36 hours. When I come home today, I tried turning the phone on (with the sim card in). And nothing… I plugged it into the wall charger. Nothing… I go to the computer and plug it in there… Nothing. I lost hope… I leave it in though. Two minutes later I hear the phone make a noise (the noise it makes when it's charging). And iTunes starts trying to read the phone! It takes a while. Finally it says it can't read it… But then my phone starts vibrating and making notification noises and my alarm clock is going off. I slide the phone like I normally would to turn it off and it worked! I even put in my password with the screen all black.My computer now reads it fine and I'm still getting texts and stuff. But my screen is still completely black! I don't have any insurance on this phone I got it more than a year ago. Anybody know what to do???
>>> Iphone 4s dropped in water, now all works except screen?