Saturday, February 2, 2013

Should I upgrade my 1G iPhone to an iPhone 4 or just buy an android phone?

I have had my 1G iPhone (running on prepaid) for about 5 years or so, but it is getting old and I can not upgrade the firmware from 1.1.4 or it will brick my phone (tried to upgrade once… never again) to access the App Store to download anything. I have been a MAC person for about 15 years and I like how seamless my iMac and iPhone sync my music playlists (most important), calendar events and photos to each other.

I am either considering purchasing a used iPhone 4 or just buy an android smart phone (maybe an HTC Inspire 4g). The iPhone is extremely expensive, even for a 2-3 year old model like the iPhone 4.An android phone would be cheaper. I would have access to the android market to download apps and other more modern features than I have now, but I will loose the syncing capabilities to my iMac.

I am looking for a phone that is not too tall and bulky.

My budget is around $150-$200 or so.

What do you think I should buy?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
>>> Should I upgrade my 1G iPhone to an iPhone 4 or just buy an android phone?