Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Why is America not such attractive anymore?

My name is Denis. I took me 33 years to find my place in this world.
Used to live in USA, in Philadelphia for 7 years - studied there.In 2008 I went on a trip with friends, to see Europe: France – Denmark – Germany – Poland – Czech rep – Croatia – Greece, when I returned to US I was a different person. I realized that I was brain-washed before, all this talk about "the greatest country in the world", the "American way of life", the American fear about the rest of the world – it's all just bull**it. The culture of people living in Europe, the food, the women – it's just something USA will never have. There is something about those over a thousand years old streets, ancient statues, something mystique. America, with her fake smiles, nonsense traditions, plastic food, those people just don't know what they are missing. Americans don't even know that the rest of the world perceive them as dangerous and well .. "not so smart".In mostly all European countries there are terms like "a law becoming American", which means that this particular law is starting to sound nonsense, or "nice girl but with American shape" – meaning fat bottom, an "American logic" meaning for example that you can ride a bike on water, if the bike's instruction doesn't say that you can't, "American democracy" – meaning smth like I have a gun and you can do whatever you like, as long as it's what I tell you to do :)
I'm not telling that Europe is perfect, but it's far more "normal", you cannot own a gun if you don't need it for work, if you touch your baby-dougher's private parts during showering, the court will send you to a psychologist to check if you were washing your daughter or doing smth else, not automatically send you to jail for 16 years, if you go for a walk, you walk and meet nice people, not end up shot by some street gang, if you want to date a woman you must show her respect, prove that you are a good person, not a rich person, if you open a business the people around try to help you, instead of wishing you the best and hoping that you will fail.
I've chosen Poland (because I feel in love with a Polish girl), and I live here since 2011, rented a flat in the center of Gdansk (Baltic coast), I must tell you that all the stereotypes you hear about Poland, that is like a countryside, that they are thiefs, that they drink etc – it's all not true, it's an advanced country, with same sh*t as everywhere else – skyscrapers, playstation, iphones, fashion shows, clubs etc. The common mistake is to mix Poland with Russia, because Poland is between Germany and all those Russian countries (Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus etc), Poland never was a part of Russia, and has nothing to do with those countries, different language, customs, high standard (Polish 3 stars hotel is like 5 stars in Russia or Tunisia) etc.As Poland is in EU It's also a great place for "jumping" to other countries – from where I live Its 5 hours drive to Germany, it's 1 hour flight to UK (if you book earlier flight can cost 10 EUR), it's 2 hrs flight to Greek islands, or 1 day drive to beautiful Croatia, living is ok- everybody speaks English, I came here in March, in September I already had good work, eared money, rented a flat in the center and hired a cleaning lady from Ukraine (she cooks and cleans, while I party in clubs)
Hey fellow Americans, take a trip to Europe, see what you're missing.

См. статью: Why is America not such attractive anymore?