Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I work too much - how do I stop feeling empty?

I work 10 hours a day with an additional hour of commute time. When I get home, I have barely enough time to cook/eat dinner & clean up, let alone have any hobbies. I try to lift weights a couple times a week, but I easily lose the motivation to do that if there's something seemingly more important to do. I don't spend enough time with my girlfriend even though she lives with me.At night I'm always super tired but have a hard time sleeping because I feel like I haven't done anything with my day at all.My car's falling apart. Weekends are full of sleep & cleaning because there's not enough time to clean during the week. All I have left, friend-wise, is one friend who lives 45 minutes away (we don't talk that much anymore) & my brother who doesn't drive. I live paycheck to paycheck.No wifi, no cable. I want to spend all my free time with my girlfriend, but it's frustrating feeling like without any hobbies or friends I'm less of a person than I was when she met me & it leaves me feeling empty & irritable. I feel like I'm not good company to be around anymore. But I need to work -- she doesn't make enough money to help with rent or groceries. What should I do to stop feeling so empty? Are there any simple bonding activities that we can do together as a couple other than washing the dishes? When I get home from work, she's glued to her iPhone & I feel bad asking her to spend time with me, mentally. I feel like the internet is more interesting than I am.

См. статью: I work too much - how do I stop feeling empty?