Monday, August 19, 2013

Can I get into any legal trouble for selling a non working item on Craigslist?

I know what I did was wrong but I posted an ad selling the iphone 5 on Craigslist for 350 bucks… Only this issue is that the iphone was not working at all.It did not turn on or power up as I think it was water damaged. Anyways, I had everything in the box like normal and went to meet up with the buyer. She looked at the phone and I told her the phone was dead but since the overall condition was good, she believed me. She gave me the 350 and we went our separate ways. The phone I was communicating to her with was a track phone and I have since turned it off since I know she has probably bombarded my phone with text and calls when she figured out it wasn't working.

I know it was wrong to scam her and I'm really apologetic about it but I really needed the cash. She doesn't know where I live since we met in a public place. Only thing she knows is that it is 10 minutes from my home which could be anywhere. But if she did contact police and somehow found me, could I be arrested or get in any legal trouble for this? If so what is the worst that can happen?

См. статью: Can I get into any legal trouble for selling a non working item on Craigslist?