Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dropped iphone 5 in water - sound issue?

Stupidly dropped my iphone 5 in the bath earlier.It wasn't in for long at all, a couple of seconds. I turned it off, dried it off, removed the case and put it in a bowl of rice for a few hours (I know people recommend overnight but I was feeling impatient haha).It reboots and everything works, but if I want to listen to music or talk to someone on the phone, I can't hear anything unless I use earphones.

However, if I go to settings > sounds and manually turn up the ringer, it rings through the speakers. I'm just a bit confused as to why I can't hear music or phone calls and if there is a manual fix to this?

I can visit the store and get it fixed or replaced but I would like to give it a try at home first (without opening up the phone).
Thanks.
Added (1). Edit: just noticed that with earphones in (the ones supplied with an iphone 5), I can hear my music, however the volume up, down and pause buttons on the earphones don't work, whereas they did before I dropped my phone in water.

См. статью: Dropped iphone 5 in water - sound issue?