Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Is it okay do this this way?

It's after two a.m. and the club is getting ready to close. Caden is drunk off his butt. There's no way he's going to be able to drive himself home. Derrick and Noah help him out to his jeep and put him in the passenger side. Derrick hands me the keys to Caden's jeep. "Are you sure you don't mind taking him home?"

I shrug my shoulders. "It's not like you either of you two can."

Noah puts his arm around Katie's shoulders. "You gonna be able to find his apartment?"

I hold up my iPhone. "That's what GPS is for."

Caden sticks his arm out the window hitting the side of his jeep. "Let's go." There's a slur to his voice.
He leans his head back against the headrest.

I wave my hand at Caden. "Keep your pants on, we're leaving."

Noah and Derrick get in Katie's car with Laura. Katie hugs me. "The idea is to get him to take his pants off."

"Bye Katie." I get in the driver seat of Caden's jeep.

Starting the jeep, I look over at Caden. If this was about six years ago, I would have taken Katie's advice but things are different now. Things changed after he left for the Marines. I had this major crush on him. Why else would a girl want to play sports with her brother's friends and make sure she's on the opposing team from her crush? It was my way of getting him to touch me even if it was just a tackle in football, a foul in basketball, or a tag out in baseball.

I know i started off in present tense but in this last paragraph things are in past tense…is this ok since she's kind of thinking those things to herself?

Читать далее: Is it okay do this this way?