Tuesday, July 22, 2014

IPhone 4S won't charge? URGENT?!

My iPhone 4S is about eight months old (I think I got in November) and for the past week or so it won't charge unless I lay it on the floor with the cable sort of folded underneath it in a very specific position. I only have the one cable but I have changed the wall adapter to no avail. I am wondering if this sounds like a software problem, a hardware problem or a problem with the cable.

1) is my phone still under warranty?

2) does it sound like I need to replace the cable? I don't want to have to pay for it only to see that the problem is in fact with the phone itself

3) should I take my phone to the apple store to see if they can fix it? I don't want to do that if it's clearly a cake problem

4) what could have caused this problem? When I take my phone in or get a new charger I want to know how to avoid this mistake.

P.S there's no crack in the cable and I've never let my phone get wet

Read more: IPhone 4S won't charge? URGENT?!