Tuesday, July 3, 2018

IPhone 7 headphones and charger won't work after water damage, what do I do?

I was at a family party and had a cup of juice and my phone on a table while sitting with my cousin (who is around my age, we're both teens). I specifically said to be careful to not knock over the juice because my phone was right there. Well, he bumped into the table and knocked over the cup while he was getting up and my phone was completely soaked in juice. I dried it off and it seemed to be working fine so I didn't tell my parents or his. Later that night after the party though, the charger wasn't really working. It will charge but it charges on and off whenever it gets slightly moved. The headphones don't work at all.

Is this fixable? Would I have to get it repaired at a store or can this be fixed at home?
Should my aunt have to pay to replace it or for any repairs? I know it was an accident but I don't think it's fair that I have to suffer the consequences however I don't want to start any family drama

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/iphone-7-headphones-and-charger-won-t-work-after-water.html