Thursday, July 5, 2018

Is there a copyright problem with using a program to draw?

I usually draw on my iPhone using the app, IbisPaint X. I decided to make a drawing of my friends. I wanted to give a printed out copy of the drawing to them. However, when I went to print the drawing out at the store, the worker kept pressuring me and saying that it was copyrighted. He said that I used the app, and stole the art. The worker kept complaining that the app will sue him and he will get fired. Either way, he made me sign papers before I could finally print my drawing out.

I told this story to my friends and even showed them my artwork. I completely made this drawing myself and worked extra hard on it. They believe the worker was right because I was using a drawing app. My parents even said that if I just drew on paper, I would have any problems.

Please help me! I'm thinking that because I use a program, I'm causing problems! Am I really doing anything wrong?!

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/is-there-a-copyright-problem-with-using-a-program-to.html