Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Can I use a GPS tracking app to find my iphone even though it no longer has service on it?

I have an iphone without service.My sister changed her plan to accept an Android and she gave me the old Iphone. I can't make calls, but it's great for music and browsing the web on my colleges wifi.

So I also got a motorcycle a month or so ago. I'm trying to think of theft protection between now and when I return to school. I was thinking about finding a hidden spot on the bike (under the seat) to leave the Iphone at. That way if I have to go home for the weekend and leave the bike in my apartment complexes parking lot, if it gets stolen, I can track it with a GPS tracking app.

GPS trackers cost too much and have a monthly plan. Before I start budgeting my money for one, I want to know if this is a possible solution.So will I have to have a plan to do it or can I just use the free GPS satellites.
>>> Can I use a GPS tracking app to find my iphone even though it no longer has service on it?