Friday, November 23, 2012

How to connect to the internet on iPhone without any data plan and WiFi?

I purchased an unlocked iPhone 5 without any data plan because I will be leaving the UK soon. Even though I am well aware that using data without any plan can be harsh (I know from my prior experience with my Nokia phone), I want to be "able" to use it on my own discretion and peril in case of urgent situations such as looking for something specific on Safari etc.

However, none of the Apps, regardless of whether they have been created by Apple or third parties, allow me to connect to the internet, unless I am on WiFi.

I guess Apple imposes its users to be on a data plan to protect them from exorbitant charges when they connect to the internet via cellular connection instead of WiFi. But this does not make sense.As a responsible adult I know what I would be using internet for (only urgent situations) and it is none of Apple's business how much my operator charges me.So, I hope, there must be a walkaround for this. If there is, PLEASE share with me. Otherwise I would be using an incredible phone to its lowest potential until I leave the country.
>>> How to connect to the internet on iPhone without any data plan and WiFi?