Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I bought a stolen iPhone 4 on craigslist?

I bought a phone from a guy on craigslist.It was an iphone4. When i was testing my sim there with him, everything worked! Then when i got home, an hour later i couldn't call or receive calls.It would say "we're sorry but this device has been blocked from network use" when i tried calling. I put my SIM card into my old iPhone 4.It doesn't work! My sim is blocked from use! When i called AT&T, they said the iPhone was reported STOLEN so it was blocked from usage. Are you serious? So I called the guy that I bought the phone from and he said he didn't report it stolen and that he wouldn't refund my money. I have his phone number still and his craiglist listing. He took my money and reported to AT&T to get a new phone from his insurance. Wicked.
Now are there any solutions to unblock the iPhone 4 and my sim card? Will restoring the iPhone work?
If i call the police about this will it be any use or help?
Also, would I get in trouble for having a reported stolen iPhone in my hands? I mean, I didn't steal it!
>>> I bought a stolen iPhone 4 on craigslist?