Sunday, December 23, 2012

What would you have done in this situation - seeking alternatives?

I know this guy for since I was born but I have not met him since I was 10 (last time I saw him was 15 years back).

Anyway, caught up with him in facebook recently and text too much (I should say). One day, I asked him if he could do me a favour and he replied "no, sorry". I asked why? He replied "I'm trying to adopt a less accommodating personality." I replied "Ok" and left it and did not contact him anymore. After 11 days or so, he called my home to talk to my parents. I answered and after asking how each other are he asked me whether my anger has decreased (he thought I was angry because he refused to help me). I asked him "what anger? I am not angry". Then he just spoke about couple of things about my parents and that's it (I handed over the phone to parent).

Straight after the phone call finished, he texted me and asked "What was the favour you had in mind?"
I replied, "Did your heart melt after talking to me?" He sent me a emoticon which my phone do not understand. I looked up iphone 4S emoticons and closest thing I found was 'hug', so I asked him whether its hug or fasten your seatbelt (another close one)… he replied "just a smile". I asked what kind of smile it is (e.g.polite smile, cheeky smile, thinking smile, leaving you in wonder smile, etc) and he replied the same (just a smile).

I should add that he is very self defence person, does not want to give too much away.

What the hell is he trying to play at? Would you agree to do a favour for a person to whom you already said you are not interested to help even as a friend?
>>> What would you have done in this situation - seeking alternatives?