Monday, January 7, 2013

Can you use an unlocked iphone4 on Virgin Mobile?

I use Virgin Mobile (and love it!) I just noticed that they are carrying the iphone 4 now! I have the Optimus Elite, and want the iphone 4. but I don't want to pay $350 for one. Can I purchase an Unlocked iphone and call virgin mobile or go online and switch my number and plan to the iphone? Or would they know that I did not purchase it from them? How do you even know if an iphone is unlocked? When meeting to purchase from someone?
Added (1). Two totally polar opposite answers! I don't see how ONLY VM phones will work with VM. Because VM can not go into the iphone and add or change anything, hence it is owned by apple.So if one is unlocked, it isn't linked to any carrier.
>>> Can you use an unlocked iphone4 on Virgin Mobile?